The committee usually meets in May, August and November. Please see the deadlines under “Dates and Deadlines”. Applications should include the following:
- the application form, an exposé of the PhD project and a timeline as well as a brief explanation of the relevance of the international conference or research stay for the PhD project (max. 5,000 characters) application form
- for conference travel: the conference programme or call for papers, an abstract of the paper and a confirmation of its acceptance by the conference organisers (max. 2,500 characters, English or German)
- for international field research or visiting research fellowships at an academic institution: an outline of the proposed research (planned activities, relevance for the dissertation project; max. 5,000 characters, English or German)
- a brief statement by the supervising professor or by the international host institution
- a short CV (max. 5,000 characters).
Please include all these documents in one PDF-file and send it to Dr. Markus Kip, firstname.lastname@example.org-….
The call for applications is open to all subjects and disciplines in urban and architectural research. Successful applicants must demonstrate that the international conference or research travel is expected to contribute to the progress of their PhD research. Funding will be awarded in a competitive and transparent selection process. A committee, including , Prof. Dr. Annette Rudolph Cleff (Department of Urban Development/ IPID4all), Prof. Anett Maud Joppien (Department of Building Technology), Prof. Dr. Oliver Tessmann (Digital Design Unit), Dr. Maxi Schreiber (Department of Architectural and Art History), and Dr. Markus Kip (IPID4all), is in charge of the selection of successful applications.