International Mobility and Networks in Urban and Architectural Research
International Mobility and Networks in Urban and Architectural Research is a project, which supports PhD students of the Faculty of Architecture and of URBANgrad to strengthen the international perspective in their research projects, to gain international research experience and extend their academic networks. PhD students from abroad are welcome to join us. We offer short-term visiting scholarships to international PhD students. The project is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) as part of the programme “International promovieren in Deutschland – for all” (IPID4all).
For the PhD students of the Darmstadt University of Technology, Faculty of Architecture, as well as the members of the Graduate School of Urban Studies URBANgrad, we offer
- scholarships for active participation in conferences, workshops and summer schools abroad (travel and accommodation)
- research scholarships for international field studies and collaborative projects with academic partners abroad (up to three months)
- a structured course programme which is tailored to the needs of PhD students in architecture and urban studies
- workshops with renowned scholars from abroad
- participation in the European Joint Doctorate in cooperation with the Université Pierre Mendès-France (Grenoble), Universitat Internacional of Catalunya (Barcelona) and the Università degli Studi di Roma 'Tor Vergata' (Rome), and attendance at joint research hubs.
Only PhD students whose dissertation project has been accepted by their home faculty at TU Darmstadt can apply.