Die nächste Bewerbungsfrist für die finanzielle Unterstützung von Konferenzreisen und Forschungsaufenthalten ist am 28. September 2018.
Es wird eine weitere Bewerbungsrunde für Reisen in 2018 geben, die eine Frist im Herbst (vermutlich 30. September) haben wird.
Achtung: Publikationskosten für Open Access sind grundsätzlich über IPID4all als förderfähig eingestuft worden. Anträge zur Übernahme solcher Publikationskosten können also gerne in dieser Runde gestellt werden. Bei Interesse bitte vorher mit Markus Kip Rücksprache treffen.
Writing Workshops at FB 15 in Summer Semester 2018 // for Pre-Docs, PhD Students & Post-Docs
These two writing workshops led by Dr. Donna Drucker from the SchreibCenter at TU Darmstadt will be offered:
Skills in Academic Writing on Monday, May 7th from 9am to 4:30pm in the Fachbereichssaal
Write your PhD Proposal on Monday, May 14th from 9am to 4:30pm in theFachbereichssaal
If you would like to participate, please send an Email to Markus Kip to register: email@example.com-…
The workshops will have a break for lunch around 12:00 and coffee breaks around 10:15-10:30 and 14:30-14:45.
Participants can take the workshops individually or can take them both. They will take place mostly in English, but the instructor can answer questions in German.
The instructor can write a letter confirming attendance, if the participant would like one, but these workshops are not part of any official training or certification program.
1. Workshop: Skills in Academic Writing
This one-day workshop will cover important skills in academic writing in English for non-native speakers. Each of these topics includes hands-on exercises that will be related to your current work. Be prepared to write and rework your own current research question, hypothesis and the abstract of your research project (or an aspect of it).
- Improving the process of bringing thoughts and ideas to paper clearly
- Staying motivated to write, making a writing plan, and how to handle problems along the way
- Common problems and solutions in academic writing grammar and style
- Crafting a workable research question, hypothesis, and argument
- Writing and editing an abstract for a journal article or thesis
2. Workshop: Write your PhD proposal!
This one-day workshop will help people interested in pursuing a PhD in architecture at TU Darmstadt to write their dissertation proposal. It is aimed at students who already have an idea for a dissertation project, but who have not yet started writing the proposal, as well as those who want to refine the proposal that they have already drafted. Be prepared to start writing down the draft of a dissertation proposal or bring your current draft proposal and be ready to refine it. (The next meeting of the Promotionsausschuss is in July, so this workshop will help you get on your way to a high-quality submission.)
- What is the purpose of a dissertation proposal? What is the process of submitting one? What are the formal requirements?
- What does it mean to make an original academic contribution? Situating your research within the academic debate on your topic, preparing a literature review
- Clarify and edit your research question, hypothesis, argument, and title
- Design and structure your research project; making an outline and identifying where and when changes are needed
- Developing a firm yet flexible research schedule
Research workshop for PhD students in architecture
on May 29th from 4:30pm to 6pm at the TU library (ULB – Lichtwiese). The course language is German or English, depending on need.
Please register with Markus Kip by March 18th.
TUfind: Bücher, Aufsätze und mehr
Export in die Literaturverwaltung
Fachübersicht und TOP-Datenbanken
Vorstellung ausgewählter Datenbanken
Fragen / Diskussion